Woodlea Park

639 Lachlan Valley Way, Bowning, Yass, 2582, NSW
  • Extremely well held by owners for nearly 60 years

Well situated, just 12km south of Yass and close to the Hume Highway, Woodlea Park is not only one o...Read More

Auction Information

SOLD

Sold to Bidder #8


$ 11,750,000.00*

Auction Schedule

  • Auction Ended 2 years ago
  • Starts (AEDT) Wed, 08/11/2017 11:00 AM
  • Ends (AEDT) Thu, 09/11/2017 02:10 PM
Chris Meares

Chris Meares

License No.:

Auctioneer In Charge

agency details

Meares & Associates (Rural) Pty Limited  | Edgecliff, 2027, NSW

Edgecliff, 2027, NSW

Meares & Associates (Rural) Pty Limited  | Chris Meares

Chris Meares

  • 0425 312 071
  • 0425 312 071
Meares & Associates (Rural) Pty Limited  | Vickie   Jeffrey

Vickie Jeffrey

  • 0412 606 668
  • 9362 8111

Woodlea Park

639 Lachlan Valley Way, Bowning, Yass, 2582, NSW
    • Extremely well held by owners for nearly 60 years

    Well situated, just 12km south of Yass and close to the Hume Highway, Woodlea Park is not only one of the few 1,670 ha (4,000 acre) plus holdings within a 3 hour radius of both Sydney and Canberra, but it is also a highly improved, productive and extremely well managed property.

    Comprising 1,678.2 hectares (4,146.8 acres) the property has been held by the current owners for close to 60 years. The property has only had two managers over the past 51 years - evident in the excellent presentation of Woodlea Park.

    Apart from its strong generic features, Woodlea Park has been extremely well developed and managed. It is conservatively rated to carry 5,000 crossbred ewes and 200 Angus breeding cows, at least 17,500 DSE - with the ability to increase these numbers. Approximately 75% of the property has been pasture improved with high performance prescribed pastures, leaving a balance of 25% of excellent native pastures – a mix allowing for availability of high value sustainable livestock feed over a full 12 month period.

    Key Features

    • Extremely well held by owners for nearly 60 years.
    • Its excellent location - approximately 10 minutes from Yass, 45 minutes from
    Canberra, 3 hours drive south of Sydney via the Hume Highway, 3 hours from the snowfields, and 2.5 hours from the coast and Batemans Bay. 10 minutes from the new South Eastern Livestock Exchange (SELX)
    • A property with size and scale - 1,678.2 ha (4,146.8 acres).
    • 75% regarded as fattening country with an excellent mixture of high performance pastures, balance well managed natives - approximately 400 ha top dressed annually.
    • Annual rainfall 28” – 30” (700-750mm) per annum – elevation to 586m ASL.
    • Outstanding water – large above ground dams in every paddock, an equipped bore and double frontage to permanent creek.
    • A harvestable water right of 119 MgL.
    • Conservatively rated to carry 17,500 DSE or just over 4 DSE per acre.
    • An outstanding crossbred flock of 4,260 1st X ewes (120% - 130% annual lambing) -
    producing up to 5,500 prime lambs per year, together with 190 - 200 Angus cows and calves, producing up to 180 yearling cattle for market annually.
    • Excellent cattle weight gains with steers producing annual gains of 1kg+ per day, rising to 1.4kg per day during the peak of the season.
    • Complete range of working improvements - 4 stand electric wool shed, 3 sets of sheep yards, 1 set of cattle yards, fodder and machinery shedding, and 80 tonne silo capacity.
    • Farm accommodation - 4 bedroom brick manager’s residence and
    2 staff/guest cottages.

    Register

    Download Contract

    Contracts available from your agent and for download once you have registered to bid

    If you wish to bid on this property, you must register with the agent and provide sufficient identification.

    Contracts available from your agent and for download once you have registered to bid

    Location Features

    Vicinity Distance
    Approximately 10 minutes from Yass
    Shopping Centre

    Search For Property

    Clear

    Contact